With summer just around the corner, there is no better time to commit to a weight loss plan. You can see quick weight loss results and shed unwanted pounds in as few as six weeks if you are able to stick with a
diet and increase your exercise.
It’s common for people to look for a weight loss program this time of year. People want to look nice in their summer clothes and feel comfortable shedding layers of clothes as the warmer months arrive. Spring is a great time to start a weight loss program. Remember that once you recommit to daily exercise, your body will go through an adjustment period. It will be a few weeks before you are able to measure your dieting success.
Quick Weight Loss Diets Give False Promises
Weight loss programs and products that promise immediate results are not realistic. Some overweight people try starvation diets, skip meals, become gym rats and take potentially harmful diet pills in hopes of losing weight quickly. Others take laxatives or purge after they eat to keep from gaining weight. The sad truth, however, is there is no get-slim-quick plan that works and is healthy for you.
The Path to Healthy Weight Loss
Creating balance in your life is necessary for permanent weight loss. No diet on the market will work for you unless you work it. You must be willing to commit to the weight loss plan, be ready for change, make time for daily exercise, and find things to keep you busy and away from the kitchen.
Tips for Healthy and Fast Weight Loss
These healthy weight loss tips won’t make you skinny overnight, but they will set you on the path to better health and lasting weight loss:
* You can lose weight the healthy way by cutting back as few as 250 calories per day and getting some type of exercise at least three days per week.
* Find out why you eat. Address any emotional eating habits you might have.
* Keep track of every morsel you put in your mouth. You don’t have to do this for the rest of your life, but try it for a week and you will be amazed at how much a few bites here and there really add up.
* Move your body. Find an activity you enjoy and stick with it.
* Find support for your weight loss journey. If you don’t have built-in support in your family, try finding a local support group or an online weight loss buddy.
* Plan your meals ahead of time. Write out exactly what you will eat all week, shop according to your meal plan, and stick with it. Taking the guesswork out of your daily meals keeps you from making poor choices
when you are already hungry.
* Cook up a batch of food on the weekend and create your own frozen dinners. Grill a handful of chicken breasts, for example, and have them ready to go in a moment’s notice to pair with brown rice and a vegetable. Or dice the chicken and toss it on a salad for a quick and healthy meal.
* Include healthy fats in your diet. A handful of nuts or a teaspoon of olive oil are healthy options.
* Swap out your sugary drinks for water. Flushing the toxins from your body and keeping it hydrated are important for weight loss.
Start making healthier food choices. Cut back a little on your calories and portions. Get some exercise. With just these simple changes, you can see weight loss results by summer.