When it comes to weight loss today, many people are searching for the quick fixes and the fad diets to answer their weight problems, when in fact these are the programs that are inhibiting their weight loss in the long run.
Quick weight loss has its initial benefits but understanding the long term affects of this type of weight loss program can help you learn the most effective forms of weight loss and how to maintain weight when you finally reach your goal.
You see, there are actually some quick weight loss methods out there that work, however, the majority of people searching for weight loss information have no idea what these methods actually are. They get fooled by the fad diets that tell them a certain food is the sole cause of their weight gain and go for the pitch with enormous hope.
In a society that is based on the love for a quick fix, many people simply do not have the time in their day for any other form of weight loss program that may have better result but takes up too much time. At least, this is how many of them feel, but nothing could be further from the truth because a great weight loss program does not require a very large investment of time.
Let’s go through the pros and cons of conventional quick weight loss so you can see where the pitfalls are, and then we can explore where the true benefits of a successful quick weight loss program can be found. More importantly, let’s examine how you can get great, long-lasting weight loss results in your own life.
Pros Of Most Fad Diets
* Choosing to utilize a fad diet you have the ability to place great hope in a system with large claims. In the beginning you see a great deal of weight loss and assume that you are losing fat (in reality it’s water and muscle). This is enough motivation to convince anyone they are on the right track. These diets tend to be highly motivating, but just as deceptive.
* There is not much time involved for quick fixes like fad dieting. You are led to believe that you simply restrict the foods you eat as the diet calls for and you will get the results they promise.
* You do not have to go to the gym and work out with most fad diets, or at least they claim this to be true. The claims they make are enormous and unsupported in many ways, and this is the snare that gets most people. Everyone is willing to take a chance that involves no tedious work.
* Instant results! Most fad diet claim to lose double digit poundages in less than a week. This claim may be possible on a comprehensive weight loss system, but there are few systems out there that can honestly claim this. The fad diets don’t even come close on this claim, yet you will never see them stop making it.
Cons Of Most Fad Diets
* When you use a fad diet or choose to lose weight any other way than with a healthy diet and exercise you are losing the wrong type of weight; water and muscle mass. This means that you are not losing fat at all and the potential to gain all this weight back is more than likely due to overall decreased metabolic effects.
* You are slowing down your metabolism by eating less and neglecting your body of calories, carbohydrates and fat because your body needs the correct types of these nutrients to function properly. When your metabolism slows down you are not only going to discover a lull in the amount of weight you lose, but the capacity to gain it all back and then some is also increased.
* You find yourself in what is known as a yo-yo diet system where you are constantly losing weight quickly and gaining it all back. This can be dangerous for your health as well as your psychological emotions as well. It can be discouraging to find yourself in this cycle and even prevent you from trying to lose weight again.
* These types of quick weight loss programs are not for the long term. They utilize variations in starvation techniques that can only sabotage your weight loss goals in the future. The only way to really lose weight and keep it off is by changing your lifestyle. Begin eating healthier and exercising regularly so it is part of your life, not a short term diet plan.
Although in the beginning of the process, quick weight loss plans can seem incredibly effective, they do not last unfortunately, and they can severely damage your metabolism as well as your overall health depending on which program you follow.
Although you are trying to lose fat and calories, your body still needs a certain amount to function properly and the more you deprive your body of these nutrients and minerals, the more harm you are doing than good. Take the time to re-adjust your lifestyle and start making time for healthy meals, snacks and exercise to lose weight at a more gradual basis.
You will find that the weight loss you lose from healthy weight loss techniques is actually fat loss and your physique will transform into the body you used to envy! So what are you waiting for? Start adopting a healthy weight loss program now and turn your body into a fat burning machine!