There are so many weight loss programs available nowadays. Each one has its own different spin on the best food to eat, the best exercise to perform, the best everything to help you lose weight.
Well, if you peel away all those differences, what you SHOULD get from each of the programs are medically sensible and healthy weight loss ideas. (If you don’t find the following points in your current weight loss program, chances are that program is useless.) Here are the weight loss guidelines that you SHOULD find in each of the weight loss programs out there today:
1. Self-evaluation: each program should have some portion that focuses on discovering the source of your weight issues. This can range from genetic to habits based on emotional or mental states of stress. Make sure your program has this aspect because it is important to know where the problem is coming from to effectively fix it.
2. Plan and prepare: as with all ventures worthwhile, it is important to plan and prepare fully for it. Losing weight is no different. Fast weight loss will have a noticeable affect on your body other than just losing extra pounds. So plan ahead to make sure that you focus on and include ways to better your overall health while losing weight.
3. Take charge: for as much as losing weight fast is an ambitious goal, it is also a goal that you need to remain accountable to yourself for every step of the way. Believe that you can change your weight and believe that you do have the self-control and discipline to do it quickly. It is up to you to be focused, while ignoring your environment, which has too many influences that can make you fall off the weight loss wagon. So make sure that losing weight is a top priority for you!
4. Eat more but less (or working out your inner body): your weight loss program should, if it’s worth its penny, advise you against skipping meals at one point and then gorging yourself at another. Fasting is, indeed, a good tool but only for a very short amount of time, usually only the very first day of a new program. Other than that, it is advised to change your daily diet from 3 square meals a day to 5-6 smaller meals a day broken down. This point is also called “Working out your inner body” because by eating so many meals throughout the day, your body’s metabolism is going to be a lean, mean fat-burning machine! But when you fast, your metabolism will slow down so make sure to keep your metabolism in tip-top condition for your weight loss goals.
5. Eat whole: that doesn’t sound like it makes sense, I’m sure that’s what you’re thinking. But your weight loss program, whichever you pick, should be focused on eating healthy whole FRESH foods: fruits, vegetables, quality meats and whole grains. By eating more fruits, vegetables and grains, your body is digesting plenty of fiber, which is a great tool for cleansing your body and losing weight.
6. Less is better: a good weight loss program will advise that you minimize your sugar intake. A great weight loss program might tell you to cut it out entirely. Personally, I’d go with number 2 but I can see how that would be difficult since there are so many foods that contain sugar without being a usual suspect. Keep processed foods away since they are the biggest culprit of excessive sugar intake. Make sure your program advises you against excess sugar!
7. Exercise the body: a good weight loss program should tell you that exercise is a great way to lose weight; a great weight loss program should tell you that exercising regularly is a must! You do not have to join a gym though since there are so many various exercises that you can do either outdoors or with minimal equipment. The important part, whatever exercises you utilize, is that you exercise regularly and consistently, with regular and steady improvement.
8. Maintain sanity: that definitely doesn’t make sense but think about it for a second. When a new thing comes around, everyone flocks to it and goes crazy over it! Your fast weight loss will be just as special and exciting but make sure that you don’t go overboard with each program’s unique guidelines. Stay within healthy and medically advised boundaries with any and all weight loss programs.
9. Set go!: finally, whatever your weight loss program is that you choose, it should motivate you into action! It should get your juices flowing and make you want to lose weight even more. So make sure the the weight loss program you choose is sincerely focused on helping you lose weight!
You are now armed with the most important guidelines that should be found in every weight loss program available today. Be thorough in your readings of these programs and pick wisely! Remember these weight loss guidelines every step of the way to a new, healthy, slimmer you!